Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

H2H Challenge Blog Color Inspiration

This weeks challenge is a color challenge using Goldrush, Lagoon, Cranberry and Desert Sand.


Sometimes these color challenges are very difficult for me to do because I can not visualize the color combo.  But this one had tons of possibilities and I selected a card design from the CTMH Artfully Sent cartridge to work with.  I used the color palette from Design Space ( I wish they had RGB codes ) to what I thought would be the closest color match.

If you would like the Design Space file it can be found here.

The front was rather naked so I added some stamping to a colonial white mat. I stamped the "hello" from the included stamp set and the flower is from D1550 Happy Autumn.  I also used one of my favorite techniques of tissue inking to combine the Goldrush and Cranberry inks in the flower. The leaves are using another technique called Rock and Roll

Here is a video from CTMH featuring the Rock and Roll technique.



Card Front -  cut at 3.5 x 5.0"


This card is sized 3 .75 x 5.25.  I am still trying to find the correct sizing in DS.
 I hope you will participate this month and add your design to the linky found here.

No comments: